Monday 7 September 2009

Way back...

The story of Yosephine goes back to my student days, studying at NTNU in Trondheim. The scooter, a 1973 V5SA1T was bought in parts from Oslo in 1994. I spent a whole lot of time putting the scooter together again, and spent serious amounts of time trying to get it to start. But no.
The earlier owner had forgot to install a sim-ring...
After reinstalling the engine WITH the sim-ring, it finally worked!
The 10. March 1995 I finally got Yosephine registered, and she became my reliable companion during those first student years.
 
By 1996 the engine had been upgraded with a 75cc kit and a Polini pipe, nearly killing me with frostbite trying to break in the kit in winters time in Trondheim.
In 1997 the restauration of Yosephine started. By that time I had bought an old BMW for my transportation needs. Yosephine was dismanteled.
It was not until 1998 that Yosephine was put together again. Now, I am very sorry that I do not have much digital photos of the rebuild of the scooter, but the finished result looked like this:
Picture taken 2004...
Picture taken 2004...
And the great thing about Yosephine? Even now, 11 years later, she STILL looks amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment